Followers, Guestbook, & Comments

My followers are being shown in the right column. My Guestbook is at the bottom. Please follow, comment on posts, & sign my guest book. Your comments encourage me to keep sharing my work. I love hearing from you all.

When you leave a comment, I have to moderate it before it will be posted. So if you have a questions or comments, feel free to ask & if necessary note that you don't want your comment posted.

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Paper Flowers

Update: After I posted this, I noticed that they have a New Video for Donna's Layered Flowers. I could not go without adding it to this post. It is wonderful and Donna is so excited about them.

I just love these flowers. The inspiration came from This Video from Leah's Scrapbook Room Videos. I call them Donna's Flowers. I just love her style. She makes hers from old dictionary pages and the Accucut Die System. I used an old phone book and cut a 6 inch scallop circle with my Cricut, then just basically followed her instruction. I don't have glimmer mist or anything like that. So I just ran a pigment ink pad over my crumpled flower until it looked the way I wanted it to. Then I just lightly spritzed it with water to make it a little more pliable.
This is a single layer flower with an embellishment (adhesive backed) from a pack that I found at the Dollar Tree.

I sprayed them with Krylon Preserve It, just to help them keep. I also brushed them with some Mod Podge. This gave them a little shine & gave them a little more stability.


The next one is a double layered flower with a button in the center. I used it to embellish a sticky note holder that I made (see previous post).
Thanks for looking. Questions & comments are always welcomed.
Lori

1 comment:

DonnaSalazar said...

I like what you did with the flowers! Thanks for sharing. :)
Hugs ~D~