Followers, Guestbook, & Comments

My followers are being shown in the right column. My Guestbook is at the bottom. Please follow, comment on posts, & sign my guest book. Your comments encourage me to keep sharing my work. I love hearing from you all.

When you leave a comment, I have to moderate it before it will be posted. So if you have a questions or comments, feel free to ask & if necessary note that you don't want your comment posted.

Friday, November 20, 2009

Christmas Party Favors - Part 5: Ornaments

Ok so this is the 5th element of my daughter's party favors.

Details:
Joys of the Season cart for the ornament.
Mini Monograms for the scallop circle.
Opposites Attract & CDS for the 2009.
Mod Podge
Diamond Dust - *See note at end of post!
Ink pads
Adhesive you choice.
For each ornament & cut it & the hanger piece out twice. Once regular & the other flipped. I adhered the 2 wrong sides together.
I inked around all edges & adhered the scallop circle to the front side of the ornament. I adhered the 2009 the the reverse side of the ornament.

Santa:
He was on some printed cardstock. I cut him out with my Tim Holtz scissors. I have to tell you, I Love These Scissors!!!!!!
Just on the white parts of Santa - I painted on some Mod Podge on then covered with the Diamond Dust. Then just on the Pom Pom & Santa's beard I added another layer of Mod Podge & Diamond Dust. Let dry. You can tell when it is getting dry b/c it turns more clear than white.

Now after all of that is dry:
I did this b/c I was giving this to kids & the experience I had with the Diamond Dust. I painted a coat of GLOSSY Mod Podge over the entire Santa, coating the Diamond Dust very well.
Reverse Side:
*Note: Just clean up this very well before moving about you house. I stepped on a piece of it & it was like having a little shard of glass in my foot. It came out easily, but very hard to see. Also didn't feel too good - LOL. This is the reason for adding a top coat of Mod Podge to keep any little pieces from falling off. And it gave a hard coat finish.

Thanks for looking. Questions & comments are always welcomed.
Lori

1 comment:

Chrissy C said...

Great job! Love the Diamond Dust on the beard!