Followers, Guestbook, & Comments

My followers are being shown in the right column. My Guestbook is at the bottom. Please follow, comment on posts, & sign my guest book. Your comments encourage me to keep sharing my work. I love hearing from you all.

When you leave a comment, I have to moderate it before it will be posted. So if you have a questions or comments, feel free to ask & if necessary note that you don't want your comment posted.

Friday, May 22, 2009

Teacher Appreciation Week: Day 4 - Certificate & Day 5 - Book

I finally finished up the Teacher Appreciation gifts for my daughter's teacher. For Day 4 (Thursday), she is giving her a certificate made from the Cricut.
Details:
Cricut Cartridge: Plantin Schoolbook
I backed it with blue cardstock. I cut the certificate in yellow then cut the letters using Plantin Schoolbook to cut the words. I used Cricut Design Studio to weld the teacher's name, from, & my daughter's name.
For day 5 (Friday), she is giving her a book. I got the idea for the design of the cover from a Cardmaker's Sketch Book. They had a card with a very similar design on it.
Details:
I cut out the shape of the covers using the George & Basic Shapes Cart. For the cover pages I used 140 lb. water color paper & covered them on both sides with patterned cardstock.
I used the Bind-It-All to bind the book. I ran a brown stamp pd over the bight green cardstock to add some texture. I stamped the flowers and colored over some of the stamp parts with yellow and blue glitter pens. I also made stitch marks with the glitter pens. I finished it off with green ribbon and prima flowers in green, brown, blue & a green brad. I had some silk leaves & placed one behind the flower. I also added blue & green skittles to balance it out.

Thanks for looking. Questions & comments are always welcomed.
Lori
A Proud member of The Lime Light. Click on over to see what we are doing.

1 comment:

Myra said...

What a great idea! I will have to make certificates next year. I love it!