Followers, Guestbook, & Comments

My followers are being shown in the right column. My Guestbook is at the bottom. Please follow, comment on posts, & sign my guest book. Your comments encourage me to keep sharing my work. I love hearing from you all.

When you leave a comment, I have to moderate it before it will be posted. So if you have a questions or comments, feel free to ask & if necessary note that you don't want your comment posted.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Flower Pot Card

I had first seen a flower pot card posted on the Cricut MB by Janet Waters. I thought the idea was so cute. Then I had seen a video on Dawn's Blog on how to make them. She had originally seen the instructions & measurements on Stephanie's Blog. To make this one, I used a combination of Dawn's & Stephanie's instructions & added a little of my own touches too.
It was made as a Thank You Card for some very good friends (honorary family), my daughter's Parran & his wife.


I used the instruction to cut the card & fold to make the flower pot. I also used their measurements to cut the pullout card. For the front top part of the pot I used my MS Doily Border Punch & added another bordered piece of cardstock for some contrast. I used pop-dots to have the top edge stand out a little. To hold pocket of the card, I just added a very small piece of Terrifcally Tacky Tape (red liner tape)to the top corners.
I cut the sunflowers from the Walk in my Garden Cart. in varying sizes. I used the Swiss Dots embossing folder with my Cuttlebug on the flowers to give some texture. I then added them to the top of the pull out card with pop-dots.
I decorated with a ribbon & I cut the oval from the George cart. & the fleur-de-lis from the Wild card cart.I used my Ultimate Crafter's Companion to make the envelope.
Thanks for looking. Comments and questions are always welcomed.
Lori
A Proud member of The Lime Light. Click on over to see what we are doing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

pretty flower pot card. You did a nice job.
Josie

Cheryl Murphy said...

What a fabulous card-thanks so much for sharing. I love a card that is easy to do, but looks spectacular--I can't wait to give it a whirl. You did a wonderful job and I just love your blog-so many neat ideas. Thanks again.
Cheryl Murphy
Apple Valley, MN

Shelley Evetts said...

I just love your centerpieces. I really want to try one of these. You are such an inspiration. Thank you for sharing with us. I've left you an award on my blog, if you'd like to pick it up the addy is - http://shelleyscards.blogspot.com/