Followers, Guestbook, & Comments

My followers are being shown in the right column. My Guestbook is at the bottom. Please follow, comment on posts, & sign my guest book. Your comments encourage me to keep sharing my work. I love hearing from you all.

When you leave a comment, I have to moderate it before it will be posted. So if you have a questions or comments, feel free to ask & if necessary note that you don't want your comment posted.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Mamie's Mother's Day Card 2009

This is the card that I made for my grandmother for Mother's day. This card was so much fun to make. I used printed cardstock, I inked, I made the vase dimensional, & the roses are paper pieced & dimensional. This card is so different than what I usually do. It is fun to step out of your comfort zone sometimes.
Close up pic of the vase & flowers.

Details:
I used the Wild Card Cricut Cartridge for the Doily Card & the roses.
On the inside I cut Happy Mother's Day & You are so Special from the Wild card cart.
I cut the vase from the Walk in My Garden Cart & played with the size & shape in Design Studio.
I cut the roses out 4 times, twice in red & twice in green. I cut all of the red flowers from the stems & did the same to one set of the green flowers. I used one full green rose for the base. I layered a red flower on top of the green base. I Inked the green stems that were cut from the flower & inked the red flowers. I layered the inked stems onto the base. I then layered the inked flowers to roses.
I used my Cuttle Bug & Floral Fantasy Embossing folder on the vase & inked with Gold ColorBox Pigment Ink. I also coated the vase & the roses with Mod Podge to give them a glossy or glassy look.
To give the vase dimension, I used pop-dots down the center of the vase. I used my ATG gun for the edges of the vase & adhered it to the card front.
I them arranged the flowers in the vase & attached them with a pop-dot to give them dimension too.

Updated 10/23/09:

I also entered this card into the Paper Blooms Circle Card Challenge. I had made it so much earlier, but figured I would show it anyway.

Thanks for looking. Questions & comments are always welcomed.

Lori

A Proud member of The Lime Light. Click on over to see what we are doing.

4 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Lori what a gorgeous colourful, funky card love it and I am sure your grandmother will to.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Myra said...

My sister's name is Mamie and we NEVER meet any other Mamies. :-)

Rose said...

Gorgeous! you rocked out of your comfort zone :0) thanks for joining us on paper blooms

Leah said...

What a fun card! Love it:)