Followers, Guestbook, & Comments

My followers are being shown in the right column. My Guestbook is at the bottom. Please follow, comment on posts, & sign my guest book. Your comments encourage me to keep sharing my work. I love hearing from you all.

When you leave a comment, I have to moderate it before it will be posted. So if you have a questions or comments, feel free to ask & if necessary note that you don't want your comment posted.

Friday, February 27, 2009

My First Wordbook: I Finally Did It!!!

I want to thank everyone & anyone that has ever posted pictures and/or directions on how to make a wordbook. I probably have looked at it & got inspiration to make this.
I am so glad I waited to get my ATG and BIA to do this. I don't think it would have been as easy or as fun to do. I made this with my daughter's name. It was a test run piece and there are some flaws, but that's why I made this one for us. Overall I am very proud of it. I still have to add pics, but it is fully decorated & put together.
Details:
I used CDS with George and Basic Shapes & Opposites Attract (shadow for the letters) to make the pages. I used a cereal box for one page and some cardboard from a Crayola Stamp Set box as chipboard. I covered front of each page with a dark pink cardstock and the back of each page with a light pink cardstock. I then sanded down any rough edges and inked around the edges on both sides of each page.
I punched the holes & bound the book using my new BIA and 3/4' o-wires.
I cut the letters out again not using the shadow feature and layered them onto the shadow letters of the pages.
For decorations I used:
Misc. cardstock, skittles (plastic Decorative Accents from M's), Fastenator & Staples, Ribbon, Cuttlebug Embossing Folders & Sizzix Embossing Plates, Border Punches - Leave-it-to-Weaver, Fleur-di-lis, & Threading Water, Misc. Brads, Prima Flowers, Misc. Buttons, Sanding Block for embossing, & ColorBox Pigment Inks for details & embossed papers.
Thanks for looking. Questions and comments are alwyas welcomed.
Lori
A Proud member of The Lime Light. Click on over to see what we are doing.

6 comments:

Norine said...

you did a great job cant see any flaws its awesome you must be so proud of this
hugs
Norine

Steph said...

Looks terrific! Very bright, colorful! :)

golddustmeg said...

I think this is so cute. I am trying to work on a Family wordbook but I am lost. I've never really scrapbooked before! You did a great job though!

Snowmanlover said...

These are all so darling! Thanks for coming to my blog too!

Anonymous said...

Your word book is very cute. I love it.
Shanna

217 Creations said...

Very cute! The colors really work well together!