Followers, Guestbook, & Comments

My followers are being shown in the right column. My Guestbook is at the bottom. Please follow, comment on posts, & sign my guest book. Your comments encourage me to keep sharing my work. I love hearing from you all.

When you leave a comment, I have to moderate it before it will be posted. So if you have a questions or comments, feel free to ask & if necessary note that you don't want your comment posted.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sailboat Card

I made this card for Challenge #15 Summer time At The Beach over at Fantabulous Cricut.  The challenge was to make any project of something you would find at the beach.  When I started this card, I really didn't know where I was going with it. It started out with just a blue background with a white edge (the card base).  Then I decided to wet the blue cardstock & crumple it up.  I liked it, but it still wasn't quite right.  So them I inked the wrinkled paper with vintage photo distress ink.  I just didn't like the white anymore.  It still just didn't feel right.  So I ripped the blue cardstock & thought "Hey, this could be the sky & water."  But I still didn't like the white background so I inked the card base with vintage photo too.  I then glued the blue pieces down.  This is where the sun & sailboat come in.  I cut, inked, & assembled them.  I edged around the card base with white acrylic paint (in a dauber bottle).  Then added some of the white acrylic paint to the sky & water.  I also added some pool blue acrylic paint to the water.
I used my Gypsy & Cricut to design & create this card.
Cartridges used: Life Is A Beach (Sailboat) & Create A Critter (Sun)
Sorry this was so long. I just thought I would take you along for the ride of my thought process for this card.  It was super fun to figure it all out.
Thanks for looking. Questions & comments are always welcomed. Lori

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow that card came out amazing. I love the way the water and the sky came out. TFS!

Stephanie

http://stephanieandthebug.blogspot.com

Audrey Frelx said...

Add another "Wow!" to your comments. This card is awesome!

Angi Barrs said...

Great idea to crumple the cardstock. So cute. Thanks for playing along with us at Fantabulous Cricut.

Penny Light/Light Whimsy said...

I am going to follow suit and say WOW. Your techniques is great and I love how it turned out. Your work is just terrific. Thanks for playing with us at Fantabulous Cricut with your wonderful project!

Valerie said...

It is so fun to know the process behind the creativity! Wonderful card:) Thanks for playing along with us this week at Fantabulous Cricut!