Followers, Guestbook, & Comments

My followers are being shown in the right column. My Guestbook is at the bottom. Please follow, comment on posts, & sign my guest book. Your comments encourage me to keep sharing my work. I love hearing from you all.

When you leave a comment, I have to moderate it before it will be posted. So if you have a questions or comments, feel free to ask & if necessary note that you don't want your comment posted.

Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day Card 2010

Since we are in Louisiana, given what is going on here with our wildlife, and the fact that my dad has been taking some great pics of pelicans....  This card seemed fitting.  I had fun making it and had no doubt that he would like it.  He always likes the projects that I make.  But, I usually get comments like, "That's neat." or "It turned out good, but..."  Not this time!  This time, his reaction was a very excited, "Wow, I like this!!! I'm going to have to frame this!!"  I could not believe it.  And this was just his card - he had not even opened up his present yet.  HERE is the post about his present.

I used my Gypsy & Cricut to design & create this card.
Front:
 Inside:
The cartridges used were:
Sports Mania (Frame), George & Basic Shapes (Background Piece), Life Is A Beach (Pelican & Piling), Designer's Calendar (Sentiment)
Thanks for looking. Questions & comments are always welcomed. Lori

2 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

This almost looks real! You did a great job again! Don't know if I like the pelican or the etched red fish better!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Lori this is gorgeous what a wonderful image and I just adore that wood effect surround it is one great card.
Hugs
Lorraine x