Followers, Guestbook, & Comments

My followers are being shown in the right column. My Guestbook is at the bottom. Please follow, comment on posts, & sign my guest book. Your comments encourage me to keep sharing my work. I love hearing from you all.

When you leave a comment, I have to moderate it before it will be posted. So if you have a questions or comments, feel free to ask & if necessary note that you don't want your comment posted.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Personalized Composition Notebook "Fallyn"

This was one of the altered composition notebooks that I had for my craft fair.  One of my friends really wanted it, but decided to wait on it.  Her daughter, 7 yrs old, loves to write.  She wanted it for her to write her stories in & to have for her own personal use, writings that she could keep to herself.  I guess she wants it to be like a personal journal or diary for her.  So since I knew she wanted it, I personalized it with her name & some butterflies.  I am giving it to her as a gift.
I welded the letters & butterflies together using my Gypsy.
The butterflies are from the Lacy Labels (Lite) cartridge.
The letters for the name are from the Lyrical Letters Cartridge.
I also cut duplicate butterflies (in pink), pan them through my Cuttlebug with the polka Dots Embossing Folder, & inked the edges w/ purple ink.  They are adhered down only on the body portion so that the wings are dimensional.  I also cut off the antennae of the pink butterflies.  This lets the purple show & less to have to line up.
Thanks for looking. Questions & comments are always welcomed. Lori

1 comment:

usmc_honey said...

Very nice composition book. I love the colors and the generosity of heart with which it was made.
{{Hugs}} ~ Andrea