Followers, Guestbook, & Comments

My followers are being shown in the right column. My Guestbook is at the bottom. Please follow, comment on posts, & sign my guest book. Your comments encourage me to keep sharing my work. I love hearing from you all.

When you leave a comment, I have to moderate it before it will be posted. So if you have a questions or comments, feel free to ask & if necessary note that you don't want your comment posted.

Friday, January 30, 2009

Playground Fundraiser

A while back, Gerilynn (Mommyto3) from the Cricut MB was asking for cards to help rebuild her community's playground. This is what she said:
"A friend and I are attempting to earn money through fundraising, grants, and donations to earn enough money to purchase new playground equipment for our very small community. Out town is very small and we only have 1 playground, which is in terrible condition. On the saftey report card for playgrounds, we received a 3, anything under a 7 and the park should be closed to children. We really want to make this work so we can have a nice park for our children here."
She was asking for people to make cards for them to aution/raffle off to raise money for this cause. They are having a dinner in February to raise money and will be using some of the cards received as doorprises and some will be auctioned off in sets.
I mentioned this to Gracie from The Lime Light and we made this our January task. Let's hope our cards get the children back into their playground. Click on over to The Lime Light to see the wonderful cards our members have made for the children.
Here are the 10 cards that I made.

Sandra this is my first stitched card. Thank you for the piercer and the templates.
Thanks for looking. Questions and comments are always welcomed.
Lori
A Proud member of The Lime Light. Click on over to see what we are doing.

3 comments:

Leah said...

Great cards Lori! I'll have mine in the mail to you today:)

Anonymous said...

Love the cards! They are gorgeous and crafty :)

SparkofWhimsy said...

Great job, Lori! I'm so glad you found that project for us to do. Thank you! Hehe, I'm always trying to pick out my favorite anytime I come to a link that has a group of cards. Sooo my favorite in your group is the airplane one. I'm not really good at making stuff for babies or young boy's, but I think it's like the epitome of a great card for a boy or even one on the cute side for a pilot. A star in the skies- hehe.

Angelique