Followers, Guestbook, & Comments

My followers are being shown in the right column. My Guestbook is at the bottom. Please follow, comment on posts, & sign my guest book. Your comments encourage me to keep sharing my work. I love hearing from you all.

When you leave a comment, I have to moderate it before it will be posted. So if you have a questions or comments, feel free to ask & if necessary note that you don't want your comment posted.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Just Because Cards: Thanks A Melon

I made this card for my daughter's principle.  I wanted to give her a thank you card for all of her help.
This is a pedestal or easel card.
You start with a piece of cardstock that is 4.25 x 11.  Score it at 2 3/4 & 5.5.  Then have some coordinating (or the same) cardstock that measures 4.25 x 5.5.  Fold the larger piece of cardstock in half - this is your card base.  Adhere the smaller cardstock to the front of the larger folded piece (it should have the score line at 2 3/4. Now fold up the front & you will see how it will stand up.  You will have to add something to the bottom piece to hold the card up.  See below:
Details:
I used my Gypsy and Cricut to design & create this card.  The only cart that was used on this card was Just Because Cards Cartridge.  I inked everything and added doodling, faux stitching, & dots with my white gel pen.  For the bottom piece I welded the 4 watermelon bases together then layered the other pieces.
Thanks for looking. Questions & comments are always welcomed. Lori

2 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

This one is really pretty!

Anonymous said...

Great card!