Followers, Guestbook, & Comments

My followers are being shown in the right column. My Guestbook is at the bottom. Please follow, comment on posts, & sign my guest book. Your comments encourage me to keep sharing my work. I love hearing from you all.

When you leave a comment, I have to moderate it before it will be posted. So if you have a questions or comments, feel free to ask & if necessary note that you don't want your comment posted.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Camera Photo Album & Fleur De Lis Candle Bowl

A very good friend of ours was having some visitors in from out of town.  It was their first visit to see them & to our city.  She had asked me to make something for them as a memento.  For the mother she wanted to give her one of my candle dishes that I etched with fleur-de-lis.  I used the fleur-de-lis on the Wild Card Cricut Cartridge.
The daughter likes to take a lot of pictures.  So I figured I would make a photo album.  It had 10 pages (front & back) that I made out of water color paper and painted with acrylic paints.  I then painted cardstock and adhered it to the pages, so that it added room for at least 3 pics per page.  The front & back covers were made from corrugated cardboard that I cut up from a box.  I painted each of these with white Gesso & then acrylic paints.
The pages & covers are 5x7.  The cardstock is 4.5 x 12 & folded so that each part of the cardstock can fit a 4x6 picture or journaling if she wishes.
I cut the camera pieces & painted them with acrylic paint as well.  I added her initials & a fleur de lis as a symbol of our city.  I used heat embossing with UTEE on the fleur de lis to make it glossy & to add dimension.
 
Cartridges Used:  Create A Critter (Camera), Accent Essentials (Fleur de lis), Cuttin' Up (Initials), George & Basic Shapes (Background Rectangle for the initials)
All pieces of the camera were cut from water color paper & painted with acrylic paint.  After assembling the camera, I sealed it with Krylon Preserve It.  I then added the fleur de lis that was heat embossed with UTEE to add dimension & shine.
Thanks for looking. Questions & comments are always welcomed. Lori

No comments: