Followers, Guestbook, & Comments

My followers are being shown in the right column. My Guestbook is at the bottom. Please follow, comment on posts, & sign my guest book. Your comments encourage me to keep sharing my work. I love hearing from you all.

When you leave a comment, I have to moderate it before it will be posted. So if you have a questions or comments, feel free to ask & if necessary note that you don't want your comment posted.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My Grandmother's B-Day Card

Today is my grandmother's birthday. I always seem to make the cutesy cards, but I wanted something a little fancier & more elegant. Not sure if I got there, but I am happy with that way it turned out. I must say that I was determined to use patterned cardstock. I am really afraid of it so this card was a stretch. I don't know why - I see so many cards made with printed paper & cardstock that are so beautiful. Then I see the printed cardstock in the stores & they are gorgeous. But, when it comes down to making a card with them I generally freeze up & have no creativity with them. I think I am afraid of them being too busy.
Details:
I used 3 patterned cardstocks from K & Company. The flow is cut out of one of them. I Mod Podged the flower & the photo corners and Pop-Dotted them on the front of the card. I used the Fiskars punch for the photo corners & a Fiskars decorative corner rounder on the layers. I used my Round-It-All for the corners of the card. I edged the card with a dark maroon inkpad from ColorBox. I used a sheer maroon ribbon & layered a teal ribbon over it & attached that to the layers.
Inside:
Thanks for looking. Questions and comments are always welcomed.
Lori
A Proud member of The Lime Light. Click on over to see what we are doing.

3 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lori I am thinking you grandmother is going to love this card. It is gorgeous and I love it.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Chrissy C said...

Oh your grandmother will LOVE this! Fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Like this card also, you stated that you used the round it all on the corners. What brand is that punch? I like the way it looks.