Followers, Guestbook, & Comments

My followers are being shown in the right column. My Guestbook is at the bottom. Please follow, comment on posts, & sign my guest book. Your comments encourage me to keep sharing my work. I love hearing from you all.

When you leave a comment, I have to moderate it before it will be posted. So if you have a questions or comments, feel free to ask & if necessary note that you don't want your comment posted.

Friday, December 17, 2010

Glittered Snowman Ornaments & Giftbags

I make the favors for the holiday parties for my daughter's class.  This year I decided to do the glittered ornaments that have been going around for the past couple of years.  Then I saw a video that Momo made.  She did the glittered ornaments & decorated them to look like snowmen.  I just loved the idea & thought that the kids would enjoy them too.
The way I made the faces was:  For the charcoal eyes & mouth, I used black Liquid Embossing.  I painted on the carrot nose with acrylic paint.  Then to protect the nose & give it some shine & dimension, I added some Aleen's Paper Glaze over it.
I also used a pipe cleaner for the loop to hang it on the tree.
To glitter the inside of the ornament, I used the Pledge with Future Shine and Martha Stewart Fine Crystal Glitter. - I JUST LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!!!
 I also had to make the gift bags for the ornaments.  I used the 3 1/4 x6 3/4 bags from Michaels.  For the snowman (I just thought that since i was giving a snowman ornament, that it was cute to use the snowman holding an ornament. - Ha Ha - I'm so easily amused!!  LOL) I used the Jolly Holidays cart.
For the topper I scored a 2 x 3 1/4 piece of cardstock in half.  Stamped Happy Holidays (Recollection Stamp Set:  Sugar & Spice).  On the back side we just wrote From:  Alexis.  I folded down the top inch of the bag & stapled it shut.  Then adhered the topper to the folded flap of the bag.
I used my Gypsy and Cricut to design & create the gift bag part of this project.
Thanks for looking. Questions & comments are always welcomed. Lori

1 comment:

Diane said...

Very cute idea and I love the ornament! Thanks for sharing.